1. Mineral wool, also called rock wool, is divided into rock wool and slag wool normally. Slag is the main raw material of slag wool. Rock wool is produced mainly using igneous rock, e.g. basalt, dolomite, etc.
2. As a kind of very good heat preserving, heat insulating, cold insulating and sound absorbing material for various industrial equipments, traffic facilities such as pipelines, storage tanks, boilers, heat exchangers, fans, vehicles and vessels, as well as various buildings, mineral wool is widely used in industrial sectors such as national defense, petrochemical, construction, metallurgy, cold storage, traffic, etc, particularly the construction industry. 3. In developed industrial countries, consumption of mineral wool products in the construction sector accounts for more than 80% of their production, and in Japan, even up to 90%. Due to energy-saving requirement from protection of the earth, demand for mineral wool products has been still increasing.
1. Elastic mid-strength rock wool board :used for heat preservation,fireproof and sound absorption for the building wall or roof ,such as curtain wall ,inner wall partition and elevator hoistway etc.
2. High-strength rock wool board :used for various of high and low temperature conditions ,with good weight-bearing ability and compression-resistance ,specially suitable for heat preservation and heat insulation for large ships ,tanks ,ovens ,pipelines and other industrial facilities .
3. Compression-resistant rock wool board : used for roof heat preservation of airport lounge and large workshop as it could bear huge loads.